Revision as of 03:24, 8 April 2010 by Tshead
K-3D 0.8 Release Notes
- Completely rewritten data storage for geometric meshes - good for rendering one million polygons at interactive rates.
- Introductory support for the LuxRender render engine.
- Experimental support for CSG operations.
- Introductory support for NURBS.
- Experimental material editor.
- New / rewritten support for 3DS, Collada, OBJ, MD2, Ogre, PLY, STL, and SVG files.
- Interactive Python Shell
- New CMake-based cross-platform build system.
- Over 300 regression tests run every night.
- Nightly coverage testing.
- New Mercurial-based version control.
- New website.
- New time-based release schedule - the next K-3D release will be October, 2010.