Shadow Map Tutorial
Revision as of 07:50, 5 March 2006 by Tshead
Creating a shadow map using the RenderManShadowMap plugin:
- Create or select an existing RenderManLightShader node.
- Choose a light shader that uses shadow maps, such as k3d_distant_shadow.sl.
- In the shadow map property for the shader, choose --New RenderManShadowMap.
- The new shadow map node is basically a special-purpose render engine.
- Choose a camera to be used by the shadow map. The camera will control what the shadow map "sees".
- Typically, you will want to parent the shadow map camera to the light source that will cast the shadow.
- Assign the shadow map camera to a viewport panel, so you can see what the shadow map will "see".
- Use the transformation tools to position / orient your light source.